Last updated: October 24, 2022
We do not and will not sell your personal information.
Personal Information We Collect
We collect the following categories of personal information:
- Contact information — This category includes your name, email address, and other information primarily used to identify you, like a profile image, GitHub ID, and your Google ID (if you want to log in using Google).
- Transactional information — This category includes information about items you purchased and your payment method, such as a payment card. Note that payment card transactions go through our vendor (Stripe), so we do not have the full card number.
- Interests and preferences — This category includes information about what color mode you like to use and the searches within the Network (powered by Algolia) to help us build and improve FormKit.
- Network information — This category — collected by our analytics provider “Fathom Analytics” — includes your IP address, browser type or similar system information (type of device), country, and the pages you view within the Network. Importantly, Fathom Analytics is “a GDPR, CCPA, ePrivacy, and PECR compliant analytics service” which cannot identify you as an individual.
- Project information — This category includes your team name, project name, project URL, and which FormKit features you have used so we can charge you appropriately.
How We Collect Personal Information
We collect personal information in the following ways:
Directly from you —
- If you ask a question or make a request, you will need to provide sufficient contact information for us to respond.
- If you transact business with us, you must provide sufficient information to enable the transaction.
- When creating an account, you must provide sufficient information to identify yourself.
- When you create a project, you will need to provide sufficient information to set up the project and obtain a Project Key.
Passive collection through your use of our services —
- Fathom Analytics is a third-party analytics provider. Fathom temporarily saves your IP Address and User Agent for 24 hours and then anonymizes it. Other data includes page views,
- FormKit Pro sends minimal usage data — URL, paid/Pro features in use — to our central system.
Why We Collect Personal Information
We collect personal information for the following purposes:
- To respond to your questions and requests;
- To process transactions with you and charge you appropriately;
- To prevent fraud or theft in our system;
- To offer products and services that we think will interest you;
- To improve your overall experience with us; and
- To protect our network, systems, and data, including personal information.
Why we can legally collect information from you. We collect information for three main reasons:
- We collect Network and Contact Information to perform the Terms of Service and provide our services to you,
- FormKit has a legitimate interest in understanding how customers and potential customers use its Network, so we collect Interests and Preferences and Transactional Information to do that, and
When We Share Personal InformationWe do not sell your personal information.
We may disclose your personal information (all categories identified above) to vendors performing operational services on our behalf, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, processing payments, providing analytic services, providing data storage, or providing similar services. For the purposes of California law, we have neither sold nor shared personal information in the last 12 months.
How Long We Keep Personal Information
We keep any collected personal information for as long as necessary to satisfy your requests and comply with legal requirements.
Access We Provide Regarding Your Personal Information
Upon your request, we are happy to:
- Give you access to the personal information we have about you;
- Tell you the types of information that we have about you;
- Work with you to update or correct your personal information;
- Delete incorrect information or information that we are not legally required to keep;
- Help you move it somewhere else where technically feasible;
- Have us not sell or share your information;
- And have the right to reach out to your Data Protection Agency.
If you want to enforce any of your rights, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or any of the other contact means below.
Data Protection Officer (DPO)
FormKit is not legally required to have a Data Protection Officer and does not currently have one.
FormKit does not perform any automated decision-making regarding the information you provide us.
Personal Information of Children
We do not knowingly collect any information from children under the age of 16. If we learn that a child under the age of 16 has provided us with personal information, we will delete it in accordance with applicable law. If you are a parent or guardian and believe we have collected information from your child in a manner not permitted by law, please email us at email@example.com or any of the other contact means below.
Updates to this Notice
How to Contact Us
Privacy Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org, (434) 218-7325
333 2nd ST SE Suite 320
Charlottesville, VA 22902